Difference between revisions of "Funding Options and Strategy for Accessible Media"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
(Created page with "==Accessibility Requirements for Web-Based Video== *Closed Captions, synchronized and accurate *Text Transcript, accessible text document of the spoken word *Descriptive Video...")
Revision as of 14:41, 2 November 2016
Accessibility Requirements for Web-Based Video
- Closed Captions, synchronized and accurate
- Text Transcript, accessible text document of the spoken word
- Descriptive Video, accessible text document describing the key visual elements need for comprehension
- Accessible Media Player
Funding Options, others have found successful
- Line item on Department budget at beginning of fiscal year
- Database of Accessible Online Media (Netflix, Films on Demand, Galileo, etc.)
- Coordinated Campus Effort (avoid paying multiple times for same video to be captioned)
- Online Teaching Faculty, Stipends used for captioning costs
- Grants for Captioning Costs
- Line Item on Grant Proposals (grant absorbs the cost of accessibility requirements so the department or university doesn't have to)
- Procurement Bids to Secure Best Rate (requires coordinated effort on campus or within a university system)
- Purchase Captioned Video
- Require Vendors to Provide Captioned Video for Video Content
- Accommodation request
- Required by individuals with disabilities
- Mission critical
- Is video the best format for delivering this content?
- Is the video quality worth the time and expense?
- Is the audience for this video high demand or limited audience?
- Access Statistics
- Production date
- Date of last access
- Most recently accessed
- Most frequently accessed
- Lifespan of video