Funding Options and Strategy for Accessible Media
Jump to navigation Jump to search
The printable version is no longer supported and may have rendering errors. Please update your browser bookmarks and please use the default browser print function instead.
Accessibility Requirements for Web-Based Video
- Closed Captions, synchronized and accurate
- Text Transcript, accessible text document of the spoken word
- Descriptive Video, accessible text document describing the key visual elements need for comprehension
- Accessible Media Player
- Line item on Department budget at beginning of fiscal year
- Database of Accessible Online Media (Netflix, Films on Demand, Galileo, etc.)
- Coordinated Campus Effort (avoid paying multiple times for same video to be captioned)
- Online Teaching Faculty, Stipends used for captioning costs
- Sources of Grants and Funding for Closed Captioning of Online Video, 3Play Media
- Line Item on Grant Proposals (grant absorbs the cost of accessibility requirements so the department or university doesn't have to)
- Procurement Bids to Secure Best Rate (requires coordinated effort on campus or within a university system)
- Purchase Captioned Video
- Require Vendors to Provide Captioned Video for Video Content
- Accommodation request
- Required by individuals with disabilities
- Mission critical
- Is video the best format for delivering this content?
- Is the video quality worth the time and expense?
- Is the audience for this video high demand or limited audience?
- Access Statistics
- Production date
- Date of last access
- Most recently accessed
- Most frequently accessed
- Lifespan of video