Assistive Technology Assessment: AMAC TechMatch
The AMAC Assistive Technology Assessment is an individualized tailored report, which includes recommendations based on academic and/or workplace environments. A certified Assistive Technology Practitioner (ATP) administers the assessment in a one-on-one session. The ATP certification is a generalist certification that covers a broad range of assistive technologies. Assistive Technology (AT) areas addressed by the program include: seating and mobility, augmentative and alternative communication (AAC), cognitive aids, computer access, electronic aids to daily living (EADL), sensory, recreation, environmental modification, accessible transportation and technology for learning disabilities. AMAC also provides assistive technology training services. AMAC AT services are supported by the Tools for Life Program, and their TechMatch Project, which is located at AMAC.
Assistive technology assessments are priced at a $450.00 flat rate. Training sessions are priced at $125.00 per hour.
3 Steps To Receive an AMAC TechMatch Services (Assistive Technology Assessment)
- Register for services at Click to go to the AMAC registration page(Choose Assistive Technology from Drop-Down, Fill out required fields, Click "Next", Accept Agreement...)
- Submit payment
- Print, Complete & Submit: Evaluation Packet along with any past relevant evaluation documentation/reports; i.e., psychological, medical, physical therapy, occupational therapy or speech therapy reports, and/or individualized education plans (IEP), 504 plans, etc.)
- Once the packet and documentation is received by AMAC it will be reviewed by a qualified evaluator.
- Within 5-7 business days you will be contacted to set-up an in-person AT Consultation at the AMAC office.
- A TechMatch Report will be provided within 10 business days from consultation visit.