Funding Options and Strategy for Accessible Media
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Accessibility Requirements for Web-Based Video
- Closed Captions, synchronized and accurate
- Text Transcript, accessible text document of the spoken word
- Descriptive Video, accessible text document describing the key visual elements need for comprehension
- Accessible Media Player
- Line item on Department budget at beginning of fiscal year
- Utilize Existing Accessible Online Media (Netflix, Films on Demand, Galileo, Ted Talks, etc.)
- Campus Accessible Media Library (avoid paying multiple times for same video to be captioned)
- Online Teaching Faculty, stipends used for captioning costs
- Sources of Grants and Funding for Closed Captioning of Online Video, 3Play Media
- Line Item on Grant Proposals (allow grant to absorb cost of meeting accessibility requirements instead of department or university)
- Procurement Bids to Secure Best Rate (requires coordinated effort on campus or within a university system)
- Purchase Already Captioned Video
- Require Vendor to Provide Captioned Video for Tutorials, Learning Modules, Training Videos, etc.
- Accommodation request
- Required by individuals with disabilities
- Mission critical
- Is video the best format for delivering this content?
- Is the video quality worth the time and expense?
- Is video in high demand or have a limited audience?
- Access Statistics
- Production date
- Date of last access
- Most recently accessed
- Most frequently accessed
- Lifespan of video