Funding Options and Prioritization Plan
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Accessibility Requirements for Web-Based Video
- Closed Captions
- Text Transcript (accessible text document of the spoken word)
- Descriptive Video (accessible text document describing the key visual elements need for comprehension of video content)
- Accessible Media Player
- Make a case to Outsource (compare in-house vs. outsourcing costs, turnaround time, etc.)
- Line Item on Department Budget (at beginning of fiscal year)
- Database of Accessible Online Media (Campus Accessible Media Library)
- Fellows Program Stipend
- Sources of Grants and Funding for Closed Captioning of Online Video from 3Play Media
- 2017 Grants & Funding Resource for Accessibility, Captions from Cielo24
- Line Item on Grant-funded Projects
- Require Vendor to Provide Captioned Video for Tutorials, Learning Modules, Training Videos, etc.
- Procurement Bids to Secure Best Rate (requires coordinated effort on campus or within a university system)
- Purchase (or Utilize) Already Captioned Video
- Utilize Existing Captioned Video
- Films on Demand (Descriptive Video and Closed Captioning)
- Netflix (Audio Descriptions and Closed Captioning)
- Ted Talks
- Search: YouTube and Vimeo for CC icon, check Closed Captions for accuracy before using in-class
- Accommodation request
- Required by individuals with disabilities
- Mission critical
- Has the video already been captioned by your unit or another group on campus?
- Is video the best format for delivering this content?
- Is the video quality worth the time and expense?
- Is video in high demand or have a limited audience?
- Access Statistics
- Production date
- Date of last access
- Most recently accessed
- Most frequently accessed
- Lifespan of video