About the Symposium
The USG and AMAC Accessibility Symposium will be held on November 1, 2016 from 9:00am - 12:00pm at the Georgia Tech Hotel and Conference Center.
At this event, we will discuss Information and Communications Technology (ICT) accessibility in regards to institutional legal responsibilities, faculty and student success and overall good customer service.
This event is co-sponsored by the University System of Georgia (USG) and AMAC Accessibility Solutions. It is targeted to Presidents, Provosts, Vice Presidents, CIOs, and Compliance Officers who are responsible for recognizing and responding to ICT accessibility issues at their institutions. This includes accessibility compliance of academic and online courses, websites and web-based applications, as well as procured goods. Invitees include administrators from USG institutions and the Technical College System of Georgia (TCSG). We are also inviting Directors of Teaching and Learning, Directors of Online Learning, Disability Services Providers and WAG Members.
Registration information has been distributed to our target audience.
If you did not receive an invitation or have questions about this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- IT Accessibility: What Campus Leaders Have to Say
- Review of Legal Requirements
- Accessibility and Technology in an Evolving Legal Landscape
- Institutional Perspective
- Basics of Accessible Academics and Online Courses, Websites and Procured Goods
- Components of a Campus Accessibility Plan
- Web Accessibility Group (WAG) for Higher Education
- Statewide Technical Assistance Center
- Strategies for Institutional Implementation
- Closing Comments
- Mingle with the Experts
Presentation handouts and resources will be available after the event.