Book or Media
This page is currently under construction. Please check back later for updated information.
|Book / Media Help|
|Here is where you will find answers to your questions about books provided by AMAC.|
Book Format Options
AMAC can provide textbooks in several different formats depending upon individual student needs.
- Audio on CD
- These texts are obtained from Reading for the Blind and Dyslexic and are audio only versions of the book read aloud by volunteers around the country.
- These books are provided on compact disk to your school's service provider for you to pick up.
- You must have special hardware (Victor Vibe, Wave, Stream) or software (Victor Reader Soft) to play these CDs.
- Electronic Text
- Electronic Text or E-Text files are pdf formatted text files from images of the actual book pages.
- These files can be read using most any text-to-speech (TTS) program you have access to.
- AMAC offers access to and technical support for a variety of these programs
- If you have need of a file type other than pdf, please discuss your needs with your service provider at your school.
- Braille is a special format for students who are blind that uses a series of raised dots on paper to represent letters and numbers.
For more information go to the Alternative Media Formats page
Students can check on the status of their book orders from the Student Center.
- Log in to your Student Center account,
- Select the book order you want to check on,
- Look in the Order Status column to see if your book has been completed.
If you can't find the information you need, call or email Technical Support.
- If you have difficulty downloading, unzipping or reading your book files, please don't hesitate to contact us.
- If an error is made in your order or the quality of your book is not what you expect, please let us know immediately.