Book or Media
|Book / Media Help|
|Here is where you will find answers to your questions about books provided by AMAC.|
Book Format Options
AMAC can provide textbooks in several different formats depending upon individual student needs.
- Audio on CD
- These texts are obtained from Reading for the Blind and Dyslexic and are audio only versions of the book read aloud by volunteers around the country.
- These books are provided on compact disk to your school's service provider for you to pick up.
- You must have special hardware (Victor Vibe, Victor Wave, or Victor Stream) or software (Victor Reader) to play these CDs.
- Electronic Text
- Electronic Text or E-Text files are pdf formatted text files from images of the actual book pages.
- These files can be read using most any text-to-speech (TTS) program you have access to.
- If you have need of a file type other than pdf, please discuss your needs with your service provider at your school.
- Braille is a special format for students who are blind that uses a series of raised dots on paper to represent letters and numbers.
Students can check on the status of their book orders from the Student Center
- Log in to your Student Center account
- Select the book order you want to check on
- Look in the Order Status column to see if your book has been completed
If you can't find the information you need, call or email the Help Desk.