ClaroRead for PC
|ClaroRead for Mac|
ClaroRead for Mac provides the tools to give Mac users independence and accuracy in written work. It can reduce reliance on tutors and support staff by providing accurate high quality proofreading and turning any text in audio for listening.
ClaroRead for Mac is easy-to-use and provides the perfect integrated tool for use with Microsoft Word 2004 and 2008. Since ClaroRead for Mac is closely integrated with Microsoft Word, Safari and other Mac applications, any accessible text can be spoken aloud.
- Fully compatible with OS X, including Leopard and Microsoft Word 2004 and 2008
- When used in Microsoft Word you can quickly and easily change the font size, colors and spacing and any word can be checked for definition and meaning with a single click on the ClaroRead for Mac toolbar
- The toolbar also features a homophone checking tool which highlights these tricky words which sound alike but are spelt differently and have different meanings.
- Have the voice echo characters, words, sentences while typing (all applications)
- Includes a pronunciation editor for changing how the voice pronounces words
- Under construction. Please check back later for these resources.
- Mac OS X version 10.4 or later, 60 MB of free disk space, CD-ROM drive, Microsoft Word 2008 (or 2004) for Mac
- Microsoft Word 2008 for Mac
- Note: Highlight word by word requires Apple OSX 10.5
Q: The Mouse Hover option is selected but nothing gets read out under the mouse pointer, why? Also, keyboard echo is not working.
- The following screen will appear:
- Ensure the checkbox "Enable access for assistive devices" is checked.
Q: Why does nothing happen when I press the keyboard shortcut for Play and Stop?
- A: For these shortcuts to work you need to have 'Use all F1, F2, etc. keys as standard function keys' checked in System Preferences > Keyboard & Mouse:
Q: How can I decrease character/line/paragraph spacing?
- A: Character, line and paragraph spacing is on a cycle, keep increasing the spacing and once the maximum is reached, the spacing will return to the default.
Q: How can I reset the settings in ClaroRead?
- A: To reset the ClaroRead settings, delete the corresponding file:
- ClaroRead Settings: /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/com.claro.Claroread.settings
- Pronunciation list: /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/com.claro.Claroread.pronounce
- Homophones list: /Users/[username]/Library/Preferences/com.claro.Claroread.homophones.xml