Frequently Asked Questions
This page is currently under construction. Please check back later for updated information.
|Frequently Asked Questions|
|Here is where you will find answers to commonly asked questions about hardware and software provided by AMAC.|
VictorReader Software for Mac
1. I installed the software but I can't get it to work.
- Are you using Mac OS X Leopard (10.5)? The software only works for OS X 10.4 (Tiger) and below. There is no current way around this one. The Leopard OS will not show it's hardware fingerprint so the software cannot be activated. Please ask your service provider for a hardware player for your CDs if you do not have access to another system.
- Did you register the software through www.rfbd.org/register?
- While registering, did you enter and verify the correct "hardware fingerprint" on the registration screen?
- The hardware fingerprint is given to you on the "Enter Key Dialog Box." Make a note of the hardware fingerprint exactly as displayed to you to complete the registration process.
- Did you enter your correct Membership ID Number under the "Name" prompt in the "enter Key Dialog Box"?
- Note this is not your first and last name, it is the AMAC RFB&D Member ID number (the ID number for Mac registration is different from the number for PC registration). If you are a student at an AMAC Member School and you don't have this number, please contact your school's service provider or call AMAC Tech Support services at 866-418-2750 for assistance.
- Did you enter the correct 14-digit Registration Key under the "Key" prompt in the "Enter Key Dialog Box"?
- It is easiest to highlight the Registration Key, copy, and paste the key into the box.
- If you have done everything above, and still require further assistance, please call AMAC Tech Support services at 866-418-2750 or RFB&D's member services at 800-221-4792.
2. I don't have/forgot/lost my PIN.
- If you are a student at an AMAC Member School and you don't have this number, please contact your school's service provider or call AMAC Tech Support services at 866-418-2750 for assistance.
3. When I insert the CD and try to open the book, I get the "No Book on Disc" message.
- Remove the disc and reinsert it, making sure the label side is facing up.
- Remove the disc from the CD-ROM drive and clean it with a soft, dry cloth.
4. Can I start listening at any point in the book in a multiple-CD book?
- The first time you listen to a book you must insert the first CD in the series before you can navigate to another section. After that, the software will remember your last position in the book.
- Please note: If you insert a CD other than the one containing your last position, the CD will be ejected and you will be prompted to insert the correct CD.
5. How do I jump around in a multiple-CD book?
- You can use the "Go To Page" function or navigate using next/previous functions within a set heading level.
6. When I enter a page number on the keyboard I get a "Page Doesn't Exist" or "Book Doesn't Contain Any Page" message.
- if possible, check the print copy of the book to determine if the page exists in the book.
- Make sure the RFB&D CD is the same edition and copyright year as the print book you are using.
- Some of the RFB&D's digitally recorded textbooks that were converted from the original analog recording may have missing "markers" on some pages. This makes it impossible to jump directly to that page. Please enter the previous page number and press the ENTER key. Then press the F key to fast forward or the R key to rewind until you reach the beginning of the desired page.