Member Guide Student Eligibility
Information Resources / Training
Procedure for Documentation
- Review the Documentation Procedure Presentation
- Watch the Training Videos:
Student Participation Agreement
Documentation Release Form
- Review the AHEAD Seven Essential Elements of Quality Disability Documentation Presentation
- Watch a video (8:55 min)
- An exception to the U.S. copyright laws, the Chaffe Amendment, provides for authorized entities to reproduce and distribute published works in a specialized format exclusively for use by blind or other persons with disabilities.
- As an authorized entity, AMAC provides Alternative Media for students with documented print-related disabilities. AMAC does not provide access to its digital text repository to the general public.
- AMAC provides Alternative Media and related services to students with documented print disabilities at member educational institutions. Braille production is also offered on a fee-for-service basis.
- The designated disability service professionals at the member institutions are responsible to identify students eligible to receive Alternative Media.
- The disability service professional and the student complete an eligibility form documenting a print disability and return the form to AMAC.
- The Documentation Release Form details the member's agreement to follow the AHEAD Seven Essential Elements of Quality Disability Documentation