|PDF Aloud by TextHelp|
|PDF Aloud by Texthelp is used to access and read PDF documents.|
PDF Aloud by Texthelp dynamically speech enables any accessible Adobe Acrobbat PDF file with dual highlighting. The PDFaloud toolbar also provides options for controlling voice output settings, using a dictionary and calculator, and searching the internet.
Training & Resources
- If you have Adobe Acrobat and Adobe Reader installed on your computer, PDF Aloud will automatically default to installing in Acrobat. If you would like them to be installed in both follow these steps:
- Navigate on your computer to C: > Program Files > Adobe > Acrobat 9.0 > Acrobat > plug_ins
- Copy the folder called Texthelp (do not delete it)
- Then move to C: > Program Files > Adobe > Reader 9.0 > Reader > plug_ins and paste the Texthelp folder in here
- Restart Adobe Reader and you will see the plug-in installed
- When installing on Mac, the installer oftentimes 'pauses' at Items remaining to be stalled: 1189. Please be patient and wait a couple of minutes, and the installation will eventually complete.
- Changing the voice on Mac
- Quite Adobe Reader
- Open Mac System Preferences
- Click in Speech (in the System section)
- Click on Text to Speech tab - then select the voice you would like
Note: Speech rate cannot be changed