Difference between revisions of "Portal:IT Unit"
(→IT Unit Manager)
|Line 42:||Line 42:|
====IT Unit Manager====
====IT Unit Manager====
Revision as of 13:50, 28 July 2008
|Welcome to the AMACWiki Information Technology Unit Portal.|
|The Information Technology (IT) Unit develops and maintains information systems that support AMAC processes and services.|
- Acceptable Use Policy - Describes acceptable use of computer equipment, data, and information systems.
- Application Service Provider (ASP) Policy - Describes proper selection and requirements of Application Service Providers engaged by AMAC.
- Email Use Policy - Describes proper use of electronic mail system and services.
- Guidelines on Anti-Virus Process - Describes actions to prevent infection of computers and networks by computer viruses and other malicious code.
- Guidelines on Personal Computer Backup Process - Describes actions to prevent personal computer data loss due to hardware failures and other causes.
- Guidelines on Physical & Environmental Security - Describes actions to prevent security breeches due to building and office access.
- Guidelines on Third Party Access - Describes actions to ensure appropriate use of AMAC information systems and computing services by third parties.
- Information Sensitivity Policy - Describes how employees determine what information can be disclosed to non-employees, as well as the relative sensitivity of information that should not be disclosed outside of AMAC without proper authorization.
- Password Policy - Describes the standard for creation of strong passwords, the protection of those passwords, and the frequency of change.
- Router Security Policy - Describes the required minimal security configuration for all routers and switches connecting to a production network or used in a production capacity at AMAC.
- Server Security Policy - Describes the standards for the base configuration of internal server equipment that is owned and/or operated by AMAC.
IT Unit Manager
The Information Technology (IT) Manager will direct the Alternative Media Access Center (AMAC) Information Technology Division. This leadership position will be responsible for managing, developing, maintaining, reporting and training all IT-related AMAC projects across state agencies and private organizations.
50% IT Management: Direct and facilitate development of strategic and tactical planning for AMAC initiative. Supervise IT database related issues. Lead and/or participate in IT committees, forums or councils supporting the continuous improvement of technology for the University System of Georgia. Develop and manage the budget for IT services.
35% Applications Development: Research, design and implement appropriate technology applications to support communication, access to information, improved productivity and instruction.
15% Data Management: Create reports and develop or assist in the development of grants, proposals, and AMAC reports.
Ensure compliance with the Board of Regents Customer Service Improvement Plan.
- Develop and manage IT programs through project leadership and budget capabilities.
- Unit development of strategic and technical planning.
- Database development, maintenance, reporting and evaluation.
- Collaborate with IT departments outside the University System of Georgia (i.e. state, private and non-profit entities).
- Provide resources and guidance for professional development of staff.
- Attend national conferences (e.g. WC3 standards, 508 standards, assistive technology protocols, and other IT and disability-related conferences).
- Represent AMAC/USG on national publisher committees.
- Provide input and guidance for the AMAC research unit.
Assignment, Review and Approval of Work
The Information Technology Manager will receive work assignments from the Director of the Alternative Media Access Center. Work assignments will be reviewed by the AMAC Director and problems will be referred to the AMAC Advisory Committee.