Request System: Instructions for Students
The Student Request System lets you enter requests for alternative textbook formats anytime. Your request will be sent to the disability service provider (DSP) at your school. If the DSP approves the request, then the order will go through to AMAC for us to produce the book as you've requested. Sometimes your DSP might not approve the request or ask for more information. Speak with your DSP if either of these things happen to make the changes necessary to get the accommodations you need.
How to Enter a Request
To place a request, follow the instructions below.
1. Sign into the AMAC Student Download Center.
2. Select "My Requests" from the top navigation tabs.
3. Select the "Submit New Request" button.
4. Fill out the form. Select "Add Request" when its complete.
- The ISBN is the 10 or 13 digit number that identifies your book. You can find it near the barcode on the back cover or on the inside front copyright page.
- DO NOT enter the ISBN for a bundle or a package. A bundle or a package is a collection of materials (such as a book with a CD and an access code) that is often wrapped in clear plastic. Do not use the bundle's ISBN, instead, open up the bundle and get the ISBN from the book itself.
- PDFs have the same layout as the book and do not have alternative text descriptions on images. They are best for students who need to zoom in on the pages and/or use a screen reader.
- DOCs are in a single-column format in Microsoft Word and have alternative text descriptions on images. They are best for students who use software such as JAWS or NVDA and need alt. text on images.