Difference between revisions of "SAM V1"
|Line 105:||Line 105:|
Revision as of 09:19, 6 November 2008
Student Accommodations Manager Version 1 (SAM V1)
The Student Accommodations Manager Version 1 (SAM V1) is our most popular database application that helps postsecondary Disability Service Providers manage student data, accommodations, exams, forms, letters, reports, and much more.
In addition to tracking student data, SAM V1 allows users to manage and report on:
SAM V1 can also serve as a forms repository and auto-generate accommodation notification letters.
- Totally web-based
- 24-hour, 365-day availability
- No special software or installations required
- Custom, printable reporting
- Email integration
- Searchable on-line help
- Advanced access control via logins, users and roles
- Data encryption
- Daily backups
- Redundant data storage
Instant Access to the Information You Need
- SAM V1 is comprised of a number of different tables that allow you to organize, sort, and find student information from individual files to large data sets.
- When asked, you will have disability information, student accommodations, case note history, and contact information right at hand.
Report and Communicate All Your Information
- Transform data by choosing from a host of pre-defined report templates.
- Create your own reports using SQL.
- SAM V1 offers a sophisticated Find feature that allows you to filter data by multiple fields.
Built-in Network Sharing and Permissions
- Users can login to SAM V1 and access the same student file simultaneously.
- SAM V1 offers levels of access permission so you can determine what your users can do and see.
SAM V1 is a relational database application, and as such, an understanding of the following database terms and concepts is essential:
- My Quickbase
- Adding or Editing a Record
- Viewing Records
- Finding Records
- Emailing a Record
- Emailing a View
The SAM V1 customer application is created by copying either the SAM con NEON or SAM sin NEON master application. SAM con NEON is used as the source when the customer will also be an AMAC member and have students in NEON. SAM sin NEON is used as the source when the customer will not have related students in NEON.
Prior to creating the SAM V1 application for the customer, the customer should complete the SAM V1 implementation guide. This Microsoft Word document helps the customer identify:
- How many users will have access
- The name and email address of all users (this information will be used to create the QuickBase logins for users)
- If any new roles and permissions are required in addition to the service provider and administrator roles
- What role to assign to each user
- The multiple-choice field values
- The list of available accommodations
Completed documents and questions can be emailed to Joe Davis email@example.com.
When the SAM V1 customer application is created, AMAC will use the information provided in the implementation guide to provision users, create any new roles and permissions, and customize the values for multiple-choice fields.
- Internet transmission uses 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. This is otherwise known as https instead of http. Data travelling over the Internet is encrypted rather than plain text.
- Only registered users with a username and password can access the SAM V1 application.
- Users are assigned roles, which determine which data within the SAM V1 application they can see and what functions they can perform.
- Functions include adding, editing, viewing, or deleting data. For example, a role can be setup so that users can view records but not add records.
- Both table and field level permissions exist for roles. For example, role permissions can be setup to either deny access to the entire table, or only select fields within the table.
- Physical security of the servers is provided by QuickBase, as SAM V1 is a hosted by Intuit. See http://quickbase.intuit.com/overview/security/.
Pricing, Services, and Technical Support
Initial Application Fee and Training
One Payment of $950, AMAC Members $750 (Reduced)
|On-Site Customer Training||
$1,200/day plus travel costs