Student Accommodations Manager Version 2 (SAM V2)
The Student Accommodations Manager Version 2 (SAM V2) is an easy-to-use database software that helps postsecondary Disability Service Providers manage student data, accommodaitons, exams, forms, letters, reports, and more.
SAM V2 allows disability service providers to manage and report on:
- The Disability Service Provider needs to identify a campus Information Technology (IT) Professional who will oversee the installation of SAM V2 and manage persmissions and implementation
- Installation of SAM V2 is performed by the institution
- SAM V2 is a relational database application, and as such, an understanding of the database terms and concepts is essential
SAM V2 is a relational database application, and as such, an understanding of the following database terms and concepts is essential:
Login and Password
Access to SAM V2 requires a login and password. Users are provided with their own login and password that are maintained by the application administrator within the SAM V2 application.
Multiple logins with the same login are allowed.
Passwords are case sensitive.
Within SAM V2, permissions are setup per user for each table. It is possible to control if the user can add, edit, delete, or view records within the table. There is no field or record level permission in SAM V2, so if a user can view a table, they can view all records and all fields within the table.
SAM V2 is comprised of the following tables:
For each table, records can be added, edited, deleted, or viewed, depending on the user’s permission. To view table descriptions, relationships, process flows, and detailed field information, click on a table name listed above.
The customer is reponsible for configuring the SAM V2 application once it is installed. Configuration is peformed by adding or modifying records in the database located under the Administration menu.
To help with implementation, AMAC has provided a SAM V2 implementation guide. This Microsoft Word document helps the customer identify:
- The users who will have access
- The user permissions
- The multiple-choice field values
- The list of available accommodations
Pricing, Services, and Technical Support
|Initial Application Fee and Training||
One Payment of $950, AMAC Members $750 (Reduced)
|On-Site Customer Training||
$1,200/day plus travel costs