The Student Accommodations Manager Version 2 (SAM V2) is a secure, web-based database application designed to help postsecondary Disability Service Providers manage student data, disabilities, accommodations, case notes, and much more. SAM V1 was developed using the leading open source solutions of PHP and MySQL. SAM V2 follows a traditional purchased software model where the SAM V2 software and database, along with PHP and MySQL, are installed on a server owned and managed by the institution. Essential functions such as installation, system availability and backups are the responsibility of the institution. Predefined reports as well as a report writer allow you to quickly find, filter, and transform data; however, knowledge of SQL is required. For institutions with solid IT support, SAM V2 offers an affordable multi-user, web-based solution.
- Totally web-based
- Custom, printable reporting
- Access control via logins and permissions
- Hardware maintenance and availability are the responsibility of the institution
- Software installation and configuration are the responsibility of the institution
- Database backup and availability are the responsibility of the institution
- The institution must have a web server with PHP and MySQL installed.
- The Disability Service Provider needs to identify a campus Information Technology (IT) Professional who will perform the installation of SAM V2 and manage permissions and implementation.
- The IT Professional should review the installation specifics as well as the architecture and features prior to purchasing SAM V2.
SAM V2 is a relational database application. An understanding of the following terms and concepts is essential to understanding the SAM V1 design:
- What is an application?
- What is a database?
- What is a record?
- What is a field?
- What is a report or view?
SAM V2 organizes data into different tables that allow you to instantly access, sort, and find information for an individual student or related data sets.
At the core is the student table, however, SAM V2 allows users to manage data for and report on:
In addition, SAM V2 allows for easy application setup and customization by adding or editing records in the following tables:
Access to SAM V2 requires a login and password. Each user is provided with their own login and password. It is up to the institution to manage user accounts.
- Internet transmission can be either unencrypted or employ 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. As the web server is owned and managed by the institution, it depends on the institution to determine the configuration.
- The physical security of the web and database server(s) is the responsibility of the institution.
SAM V2 users can access the same data simultaneously. However, using permissions, you can determine what data users can see and what functions users can perform.
Functions include adding, editing, viewing or deleting data. For example, a user can be setup so that they can view records in a table but not add records to the table.
Table level permissions can be configured for users. For example, a user can be setup to access student records but not disability records. SAM V2 does not support field level permissions. If a user can view student records, the user can view all fields on the student record.
With SAM V2, you can quickly and easily find and view your data the way you want. Reporting is simple, with:
- A host of pre-defined reports to help you get started quickly.
- A built-in report writer that allows you to create, print, or export tabular and summary reports.
- A powerful Find feature that allows you to filter data by multiple fields.
The institution is responsible for installing and configuring the SAM V2 software. Most setup customizations are easily performed by adding or modifying records in the database located under the administration menu.
- The users who will have access
- The user permissions
- The multiple-choice field values
- The list of available accommodations
Initial Application Fee and Training
One Payment of $950, AMAC Members $750 (Reduced)
On-Site Customer Training
$1,200/day plus travel costs