Using the AMAC Student Download Center
Membership in AMAC means that students will be able to access their textbooks in a format that best meets their needs, including E-Text, Audiobook, or Braille. Orders for textbooks must be placed by the disability service provider (DSP) at the school. Contact the DSP for additional information. Braille orders will be shipped to the DSP, while E-Text and Audiobook orders will be available for download.
AMAC membership gives students access to the Student Download Center where they can:
- Check the status of book orders
- Download completed electronic book files
- Download software that will read books out loud
- Place a request for alternative format textbooks
- AMAC Student Center Overview
- Downloading Completed Books
- Downloading Software
- Requesting Apps for Mobile Devices
- Submitting Book Requests
Text to Speech Software
Students have access to download a number of assistive technology software programs, including programs with text to speech and synchronized visual highlighting. To download software to use with e-text books, click on the Software tab in the Student Download Center.
To get started, please see the following video tutorials:
iPads, Tablets, and Mobile Devices
Students can request the ClaroSpeak or ClaroPDF apps when logged in at the AMAC Student Download Center. Both apps include text to speech functionality for reading and highlighting PDFs on the iPad.
Please see the following resources for recommendations for reading PDFs on Android devices and other tablets: Mobile Devices
Please note all mobile devices, including iPads and Android tablets, require a zip utility app such as WinZip to open zipped files. All AMAC Books are in a .zip format when downloaded from the AMAC Student Download Center.
Please see the following user guides and videos for more information on various topics:
- ClaroRead for PC
- ClaroRead for Mac
- Claro BookReader for PC
- Dolphin EasyReader
- Acrobat Reader XI
- All Software
- I cannot log into my Student Download Center Account
- Tips for Setting up ClaroRead on a Mac
- Problems installing ClaroRead on a Mac
- Download Message: The signature of this program is corrupt or invalid.
- Installation Message: Read&Write Gold is damaged and can't be opened.
- Windows 8 Smartscreen Prevented an unrecognized app from starting
- ClaroRead not displaying text properly as it reads
- PDF Aloud will not work with Adobe Reader XI
- Disabling Touchscreen Mode on applicable devices
- Tips for Installing Learning Ally App
- Customer Support via Remote Access
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Make a support call] (24/7)
- Call toll free: 866-418-2750 (M-F 8:30-4:30 EST/EDT)